Volume 2, Number 9
October 29th, 1998
Download This Issue
Bard Student Arrest Ignites Controversy
- Conduct of Deputy condemned by community
-Amanda Kniepkamp and Jessica Jacobs
BRIDGES Program Continues Bard-Red Hook Partnership
Scrutinizing Tenure Policy: Can Bard's System Improve?
- What is the tenure system? Hoe does it work at Bard? How should it work?
- Vigil Held for Slain Wyoming Student
- Planned Parenthood Offers Services
- Senior Class Officers Elected
- Lopez Performs Weinberger
- Boma-aca-pieci: Free Calls Anyone?
- Attack of the Frosh, um, I mean, Firstyears
- Bard College Minority Enrollment
Sister Cities Links Bard with Nicaragua
- Scholarships, cooking classes, a bike project and a mini school store have succeeded in Larreynaga. Now it's time to dance
Running the Bard Internet Show: From Computer Geek to Web Wizard
- Internet mastermind Ben Running (yes, that's his real name) on Macs, Web-access and why he's often mistaken for a student
Tribute Pays Homage to Bard Music Guru
- Ben Boretz discusses with the Observer the gridwork behind his "Black/Noise" piece, which sparks both word and image
Center for Curatorial Studies' Future? It's Time to put it on Cruz Control
- Former Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, Amada Cruz, is here to bring the CCS to the world
Dramatic Tension Defines "Other Places"
- Performances of three absurdist plays brought out the bitter "music of Harold Pinter" with meticulous attention to detail
- Frankenstein Meets Fellini
- Bride of Frankenstein
- Fellini's Nights of Cabria
Almost Paradox: A Gender to Remember
- Equipped with strap-on dildos, heavy cream, and pulsing tracks, Drag Race '98 breaks loose with full-tilt groovin'
-Story by Ezra Feinberg; Photos by Amanda
Perspectives in Music
- Pypers, Poppys, and Other Psychedelic Artyfacts'
A Bit o' Old Mexico at the Rondout
- Kingston's Rosita's restaurant delivers the nectar of the gods, a lightning-forking, life-changing experience in Burrito form
Bibliophile Report: the Search for a Reasonable Book Price on the Hudson
- Alluring used bookshops in Germantown, Tivoli and Kingston still bastions of affordable books and old-world connoisseurship
- The Ancient Quarrel Between Poetry-Through Mail and Fear
A Momentary Justification of the Monster
Björk, Hiccups and Plenty o' Attitude: Dance Theatre III Playful, Impetuous
Two New Exhibitions at the CCS
- Social themes explored at the challenging, yet somewhat overemphasized, shows, entitled "Odradek" and "Yesterday Begins Tomorrow"
Letters to the Editors and Community
Observer Editorial Policy
Bot-man: The Killing Josey
-Chris Van Dyke, John Holowach