Study abroad, teach abroad, work abroad, intern abroad, volunteer abroad
For best Chinese language study abroad, try these Bard-approved programs:
Think you can't afford study abroad? If you received a Pell grant, try http://www.iie.org//programs/gilman
- Bard's Summer Advanced Chinese with Research Practica: 2010 & 2011. Information and application at inside.bard.edu/bardinchina/
- PIB (summer only) Princeton in Beijing http://www.princeton.edu/pib January 31st deadline (better to apply earlier) Located at Beijing Normal University, Beijing (1/12 for aid)
- ACC (year-round) Associated Colleges in China http://www.hamilton.edu/academics/acc October 15, March 1 (summer, rolling admission) Located at Capital University of Economics and Business, Beijing
- IUP (year-round) Inter-University Program, http://ieas.berkeley.edu/iup January 10, January 31 (summer, rolling admission) Located at Tsinghua University, Beijing
- ICLP (year-round) International Chinese Language Program, http://iclp.ntu.edu.tw April 30, March 31 (summer) Located at National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan Consider Intensive Language Institute
www.iie.org, Post-bacchalaureate Fulbrights for US citizens www.studyabroad-china.net
Location: Brook House 104
Meet Bard Alumni/ae
Meet Bard alumni/ae who have
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for introductions.
- lived in China and taught English in high school;
- Acted in Chinese films;
- Pursued their study of Chinese and other topics;
- Graduated from Bard's graduate programs such as the Center for Curatorial Studies (contemporary art).
Write a prize-winning paper
Write a prize-winning paper as Sam Saperstein ('07) did.
"Civil Unrest in Contemporary China: Some Implications for U.S.-China Relation".
Compete for the Marleigh Grayer Prize and present your paper at the October meeting of the New York Conference on Asian Studies. Completed papers are due each year by June 1. To view the current guidelines, visit:
Senior Project Help
Need help on your paper topic or senior project in Asian Studies? Tried all the Bard Asian Studies faculty? Try Vassar or SUNY New Paltz faculty.
New York City resources with many events:
Contemporary Art in China
Interested in contemporary art in China?
Interested in China's environment?
Interested in Chinese music?