WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 1999
9:00 am - 10:30 am Course consultation in faculty offices
11:00 am - 12:15 pm Registration for Sophomore II's, Juniors, and Seniors - See map
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Registration for First-Year Students and Sophomore I's- See map
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Registration in faculty offices for all students
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Registration for First Year Seminar - Student Center
Directions for Registering
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED ALL COURSES ARE FOUR CREDITS.
COURSE LEVEL DESIGNATIONS:
100 level courses
Most 100 level courses are open to all students without pre-requisite. However, some of these courses do require some background in the subject or, in the case of introductory photography, writing, and studio art courses, the submission of a portfolio. Check individual course descriptions for details.
200 level courses
Many 200 level courses are also open to all students without pre-requisite. However, in some programs there are strict pre-requisites, and the courses are only open to students with Sophomore standing or higher. Check individual course descriptions for details.
300 and 400 level courses
Most 300 and 400 level courses have stated pre-requisites, and are open only to students who have a background in the subject.
Upper College Seminars
The designation Upper College Seminar indicates that a course has strict pre-requisites, and is limited to an enrollment of 15 students. These courses meet once a week.
Sophomore II, Juniors, returning Seniors, and rematriculating students:
Tuesday, December 7th - 8:00 pm - Multi-purpose Room of the Student Center (cards that are not picked up will be put in campus mail boxes)
First-Years and Sophomore I:
Wednesday, December 8th - 12:00 pm - Multi-purpose Room of the Student Center (cards that are not picked up will be put in campus mail boxes)
CSP students should see Karen Becker for cards.
Some Common Registration Problems
(1) You are unable to sign up for a full load of courses (16 credits) on registration day. Turn in your registration card with WHATEVER YOU HAVE signed up for by the end of registration day. You can always add more courses later using an add/drop form, and at least you will be registered.
(2) You cannot find your adviser on registration day. Talk to Dean Levine, Dean Becker, Peter Gadsby, or Diane Smith
(3) You lose your registration card. Go to the Henderson Computer Center.
(4) You want to change your adviser. Pick up a Change of Adviser form, have your new adviser sign the form, and return it to the Office of the Registrar.
(5) You want to register for a tutorial. No special form is needed. Use the designated space on the registration card; be sure to indicate the number of credits.
IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS
If anything goes wrong on registration day you should talk to one of the following people:
Dean Stuart Levine, Ludlow 202, x-7421
Dean of Studies Jonathan Becker, Ludlow 101, x-7453
Registrar Peter Gadsby, Henderson Computer Center
Assistant Registrar Diane Smith, Henderson Computer Center