Private Music Lessons
All matriculated Bard students may be eligible to receive academic credit and scholarship for private instrumental or voice lessons. The choice of teachers is to be worked out on a case by case basis by the student and the Music Department. Payments and schedule are arranged by the teacher and student.
Requirements for academic credit:
1) Registered matriculated Bard Student.
2) Assignment of grade, based on performance in a departmental concert or audition by Evaluating panel at the end of each semester.
3) Participation in a music course that provides the student a larger forum of music making. A waiver of this requirement is possible in certain circumstances and is subject to Music Department review.
Credits awarded for the courses:
Lessons 2 credits
Performance Class 2 credits
Ensembles 1 credit
Chorus 1 credit
Requirements for scholarship:
1) Selection for scholarship by departmental evaluating panel, either through performance in a departmental concert or through audition.
2) Registration in an ensemble or performance class.
3) Maximum of $20 per lesson (towards lesson cost) available, applied as credit to the student's Bard account.
Audition will be held in Blum Hall at a time and date to be announced. For more information contact Luis Garcia-Renart.