Private Music Lessons<.h3>
All matriculated Bard students may be eligible to receive academic credit and scholarship for
private instrumental or voice lessons. The choice of teachers is to be worked out on a case by
case basis by the student and the Music Department. Payments and schedule are arranged by the
teacher and student.
1) Registered matriculated Bard Student.
2) Assignment of grade, based on performance in a departmental concert or audition by
Evaluating panel at the end of each semester.
3) Participation in a music course that provides the student a larger forum of music
making. A waiver of this requirement is possible in certain circumstances and is subject to Music
Requirements for academic credit:
Lessons 2 credits
Performance Class 2 credits
Ensembles 1 credit
Chorus 1 credit
Credits awarded for the courses:
1) Selection for scholarship by departmental evaluating panel, either through
performance in a departmental concert or through audition.
2) Registration in an ensemble or performance class.
3) Maximum of $20 per lesson (towards lesson cost) available, applied as credit to the
student's Bard account.
Requirements for scholarship:
Audition will be held on Wednesday, September 10 at 6:00 pm in Blum
Hall. Please sign up ahead of time at Blum.
For more information contact Luis Garcia-Renart.