MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2002
9:00 am – 12:00 pm Advising and course consultation in faculty offices.
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm Registration for First-year and transfer students.
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Registration for all other students.
DIRECTIONS FOR REGISTERING
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, COURSES CARRY FOUR CREDITS.
COURSE LEVEL DESIGNATIONS:
100 level courses
Most 100 level courses are open to all students without pre-requisite. However, some of these courses do require some background in the subject or, in the case of introductory photography, writing, and studio art courses, the submission of a portfolio. Check individual course descriptions for details.
200 level courses
Many 200 level courses are also open to all students without pre-requisite. However, in some programs there are strict pre-requisites, and the courses are only open to students with Sophomore standing or higher. Check individual course descriptions for details.
300 and 400 level courses
Most 300 and 400 level courses have stated pre-requisites, and are open only to students who have a background in the subject. The classes are limited to an enrollment of 15 students, and Upper College Seminars meet once per week.
POSSIBLE REGISTRATION PROBLEMS
(1) You are unable to sign up for a full load of courses (16 credits) on registration day. Turn in your registration card with whatever you have signed up for by the end of registration day. You can always add more courses later using an add/drop form, and at least you will be registered.
(2) You cannot find your adviser on registration day. Talk to Dean Dominy, Associate Dean Julia Rosenbaum, Peter Gadsby, or Diane Smith.
(3) You lose your registration card. Go to the Henderson Computer Center.
(4) You want to change your adviser. Pick up a Change of Adviser form from the Registrar, have your new adviser sign the form, and return it to the Office of the Registrar.
(5) You want to register for a tutorial. No special form is needed. Use the designated space on the registration card; be sure to indicate the level and number of credits.
IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS
If anything goes wrong on registration day you should talk to one of the following people:
Dean Michele Dominy, Ludlow 202, x-7421
Associate Dean Julia Rosenbaum, Ludlow 208, x7365
Registrar Peter Gadsby, Henderson Computer Center
Assistant Registrar Diane Smith, Henderson Computer Center